Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Normal

Life has been chugging along at a relatively dizzying pace. My to-do list grows daily and yet I feel like I have accomplished nothing. I feel like I couldn't think my way out of a wet paper bag so please hang in there with me while I organize my thoughts into randome blurbs.

It has been pointed out to me that sometimes I get a little crazy and it sucks, but I do. (Sorry again JB.) I have found that the lack of sleep directly coorelates with how "crazy" I get. Throw in some sickness and I'm ready for the bin.

Today is an "oh-shit" day. I am very much a numbers person and I have spent a good hour staring at my budget and playing with different configurations. I'm sure I can handle my finances, but there is still that little voice in the back of my head telling me I am going to fail and fail miserably.

I am going to be boring a new exit in the contractor soon if he doesn't get his lazy butt back to my house to finish the repairs he started. This process started in November '08 and now 5 months later all I have to show for it is a pile of gravel in my yard, a partially completed egress window, a tree that is going to die from being uprooted through the winter and not a contractor in sight. If it is not finished by the end of next week, he will be paid for the materials he has purchsed thus far and he will be fired. The job will be given to Rick.

Somehow I decided it would be a good idea to host a Pampered Chef party. Darn me and my need to expand my gadget drawer in my kitchen. I may be good at improvising with the few cheap tools I have, but cooking would be so much more enjoyable (and faster) if I had the proper utensils. Right?

I have been afflicted by the fever that is know as Twilight. Why I started reading, I'm not sure, but I am on the fourth book and I am struggling to finish it. More than once have I launched the books against the wall in utter disgust and yet, I get up, walk to the book, find where I left off and start reading again. I have not seen the movie and I'm not sure I want to. I have visions of how I see the characters in my head and judging by the few trailers I've seen, I will be sorely disappointed at how the roles were cast.

I know where I am at right now in life and I know where I want to be, but all that in between is nothing more than a blank page. It is annoying because I want what I want right now. Not in six months, not in a year, not in two years. Have I mentioned patience is not something I am good with?

I need a massage. I'm falling apart. Perhaps duct tape would be more appropriate.

I feel dumb. I can't come up with anything meaningful or even slightly entertaining... oh wait... that reminds me. Oh yeah, that's a story for another time. Or at least for when I end this post and write that one.

I'm still trying to decide what I want to do in regards to the fire department. I want to go back, but I don't think I can handle any "responsibility" other than showing up on my crew night and not purposely killing anyone... and I'm not talking patients.

Regular posting to resume soon. Sorry I suck at life as of late. It should get more entertaining. At least I hope so.

1 comment:

polly said...

and that is exactly why the movie sucked for you. you red the books first. i will never read the books before the movie ever again. but alas i have seen the movie 3 times in theatres, read the books twice and now i own the movie and the books.